- Single rooms – De Wilgers only has single rooms that are equipped with a basin, heater, bed, desk and built-in cupboards.
- Flats – For the men that study hard and have been in the hostel for a few years, these flats are ideal. They have all the essential facilities and are very spacious.
- Back entrance and parking – used by the back corridors for easier access and for parking vehicles.
- Bathrooms – equipped with diverse and sufficient facilities for a corridor of 32 residents.
- Bicycle shed –in the courtyard of the residence bicycles can be locked away safely. A card machine that opens to residents only, ensures optimal safety.
- Braai area – situated near De Willows clubhouse and forms part of the social space.
- Dining hall – De Wilgers is the only men’s residence which can boast its own dining hall. Students can have lunch and supper everyday using their student cards.
- Foyer – first years perform telephone duty and monitor the flow of people in and out of the residence.
- Guest bathrooms – there are facilities for visitors (men and women).
- Kitchen – contains an urn with hot as well as ice cold water (filtered), dishwashing facilities and power points for equipment.
- Laundry – equipped with two ironing boards, either with two washing machines and one dryer or two dryers and one washing machine.
- Recreation hall – with activities such as pool, table tennis, foosball and darts.
- Clubhouse – De Willows clubhouse is equipped with a pool table, projector, sound system and DStv and is definitely the heart of De Wilgers. Socials take place here and the spirit of the residence is strengthened here.
- Conference room – the residence meetings are held here and it also serves as a study room. This is also where rehearsals and auditions for various artistic activities are held.