Oryx is not just a name of a day residence for men. It is a lifestyle, brotherhood and tradition. As the house committee of Oryx we need to lead the first years and the rest of Oryx into living the brotherhood. It is an off- campus residence of the Vanderbijlpark Campus of the North-West University (NWU Vanderbajilpark). The Oryx Men's Day Residence offers students all the same experiences and opportunities that you'll find at a physical residence but you live in the comfort of your own home. The Oryx logo is a gemsbuck. The characteristics of a gemsbuck are the same characteristics that we strive towards and apply, like brotherhood, respect, loyalty, trust, honesty, caring and power. At Oryx you will have friends away from friends, a family away from family and a truly supporting and caring structure behind you.
Vision and Mission:
Support offered to students:
- academic support
- participation in all sports like soccer, hockey, basketball and body building
- cultural activities - dancing, great debate and choir
- active student life (social activities) - senior braai, barefoot day and outreaches to the local community
- Oupa Koos is Oryx’s Mascot;
- Due to us being “gemsbokke” we eat grass;
- This grass gives us our strength, guidance, motivation and stamina to ensure we are always two steps ahead of our competition – meaning the other campus residences;
- He is a symbol of our unity as a multi-cultured campus residence;
- Oupa Koos is Oryx “Pride and Honour”.
Where are we?
Need to find us? Directions