Financial information 2022
- International students: R575 application fee
First minimum payment: non-residence & distance students
- Residence Students R 19 890
- Non-Residence Students R 10 740
- Distance Student R 10 740
FIRST YEAR ONLY 2022
BComm Economic Science
BSc Data mining
BSc Actuarial Sciences
B.Ed. Senior & FET
- R500 for first-year students on our Mahikeng, Potchefstroom and Vanderbijlpark Campus
- R4 000 confirmation amount (Special arrangement for confirmed bursary students)
Cost estimate for residences
Mahikeng – R 22 490 to R 37 950
Potchefstroom – R 27 400 to R 39 160
Vanderbijlpark – R 27 460 to R 42 980
Merit bursary application form - Only students who did not matriculate via the South African school system, must apply for the merit bursary, on the merit bursary application form, and must attach official final results. This includes Cambridge and Namibian students.
I am a NSFAS student
All students that were funded for a qualification that is a "Certificate" or move from a TVET college to a university for their "undergraduate" qualification has to re-apply for NSFAS. NSFAS online applications closes 21 January 2022.
- Make sure of your NSFAS funding status. Log on to MYNSFAS portal for confirmation.
- If your status indicated that you are PROVISIONALLY FUNDED, you will be cleared to register without paying the First Minimum Amount.
- Once you are registered, you need to log on to the NWU DIY Service Portal to:
- Verify your contact details
- Capture your own banking details
- Apply for Travel or Private Accommodation Allowances. Student Finances will SMS the link to you.
- NSFAS Allowances:
- Monthly LIVING ALLOWANCES will be paid in your own bank account before the 25th of every month
- LEARNING MATERIAL ALLOWANCES will be once off paid with the first living allowances. This must also be utilised to buy yourself a laptop/ learning device.
You only qualify for an allowance for Private Accommodation when you make use of an ACCREDITED SERVICE PROVIDER. The Service Provider must provide you with their NWU accreditation number.
Payments to Private Service Providers will be done by the NWU end of March, April, July and September.
- If you prefer to make your own arrangements (living with family or non-accredited accommodation), you only qualify for a monthly TRAVEL ALLOWANCE. You cannot have both Private – and Travel Allowances. Travel Allowances will monthly be paid with the Living Allowances in your own bank account.
40 7009 9350
6216 190 7335
1713 378 531
33 038 446 5
6224 883 9823
281174 (Old Power Station)