Financial information 2021
- International students: R550 application fee
First minimum payment: non-residence & distance students
- Residence Students R 20 030
- Non-Residence Students R 10 370
- Distance Student R 10 260
FIRST YEAR ONLY 2021
BComm Economic Science
BSc Data mining
BSc Actuarial Sciences
B.Ed. Senior & FET
- R500 for first-year students on our Mahikeng, Potchefstroom and Vanderbijlpark Campus
- R4 000 confirmation amount (Special arrangement for confirmed bursary students)
Cost estimate for residences
Mahikeng – R 21 170 to R 35 720
Potchefstroom – R 25 790 to R 36 860
Vanderbijlpark – R 25 850 to R 40 170
I am a NSFAS student
All students must re-apply for funding as and when they move through the NSFAS funding progression pathway. NSFAS online applications closes 30 November 2021.
- Make sure of your NSFAS funding status. Log on to MYNSFAS portal for confirmation.
- If your status indicated that you are PROVISIONALLY FUNDED, you will be cleared to register without paying the First Minimum Amount.
- Once you are registered, you need to log on to the NWU DIY Service Portal to:
- Verify your contact details
- Capture your own banking details
- Apply for Travel or Private Accommodation Allowances
- NSFAS Allowances:
- Monthly LIVING ALLOWANCES will be paid in your own bank account before the 25th of every month
- LEARNING MATERIAL ALLOWANCES will be once off paid with the first living allowances. This must also be utilised to buy yourself a laptop/ learning device.
You only qualify for an allowance for Private Accommodation when you make use of an ACCREDITED SERVICE PROVIDER. The Service Provider must provide you with their NWU accreditation number.
Payments to Private Service Providers will be done by the NWU end of April, July and September.
- If you prefer to make your own arrangements (living with family or non-accredited accommodation), you only qualify for a monthly TRAVEL ALLOWANCE. You can not have both Private – and Travel Allowances. Travel Allowances will monthly be paid with the Living Allowances in your own bank account.
40 7009 9350
6216 190 7335
1713 378 531
33 038 446 5
6224 883 9823
281174 (Old Power Station)