How do I apply?
Please make sure that you use Mozilla FireFox or Google Chrome as web browser.
Undergraduate bursaries and loans
Complete and submit the application forms for the relevant bursaries and loans available for UNDERGRADUATE degrees.
Postgraduate bursaries and loans
Complete and submit the application forms for the relevant bursaries and loans available for POSTGRADUATE degrees.
FirstRand international postgraduate scholarships
There are five scholarships available to South African citizens, all of which are for international postgraduate study. These are:
- FirstRand Laurie Dippenaar scholarship;
- FirstRand Foundation scholarship;
- FirstRand Oxford African Studies scholarship to the University of Oxford;
- FirstRand FNB Fund Oxford education scholarship; and
- FirstRand FNB Fund scholarship for international postgraduate study in education.
Applications, including all attachments and reference letters, must be completed online and applicants must have applied directly to the university of their choice by the time the application is submitted.
The decisions of the adjudication panels are final and correspondence regarding their decision will not be entered into. The panels reserve the right not to make an award.
Applications open 16 December 2020 and close 4 March 2021. No late applications will be accepted.
The successful candidates will have excelled academically in their chosen field and will have been able to demonstrate:
- leadership qualities;
- strength of character;
- community involvement; and
- the potential to be a destiny changer in his or her chosen field.
Candidates who are currently, or have been studying overseas, will not be considered for this scholarship.
Successful candidates are required to return to South Africa for at least five years after completing their studies.
- Confirmation of each received application will be emailed to the applicant upon receipt of his or her application.
- All applications are evaluated by at least three preliminary evaluators from FirstRand, FNB, RMB, TSI and previous winners of the scholarship. A long list of around 40 applicants is then drawn up and interviewed in person, Covid-19 allowing, in Cape Town or Sandton or electronically on Microsoft Teams.
- Four shortlisted candidates are selected for the two education scholarships and should be available for final interviews held in Sandton on 14 May 2021.
- Ten shortlisted candidates are selected for the FirstRand Laurie Dippenaar and FirstRand Foundation international postgraduate scholarships and the FirstRand Oxford African Studies scholarship and should be available for final interviews held in Sandton on Tuesday 18 May 2021.
- A final announcement will be made before the end of May 2021.
Email queries can be sent for attention Beth van Heerden at email@example.com
EWSETA Bursary application
Applications are for 2021 academic year. Closing date is 31st January 2021.
- Read carefully before completing, signing and submitting this form.
- Ensure that Bursary form is completed in full.
- Complete in Block Letters.
- Ensure that the form is duly signed.
- Application forms with incomplete information will not be considered.
- Application form with incorrect information will lead to your application being disqualified.
EWSETA BURSARY COVERS THE FOLLOWING:
- Tuition fees – Statement of Account
- Books and Stationery from approved university/TVET College bookstores – Supported by university/TVET textbooks and stationary list
- Accommodation – accredited with University/TVET College
NB: Authentic supporting documents will be required to be submitted to EWSETA these are used as evidence of costs to facilitate payment.
Applicants need to meet the following criteria in order to be considered for the bursary:
- Must be in possession of matriculation certificate or equivalent (first year university or TVET College students) and previous results/academic records for second- and third-years students
- Relevant qualification prerequisite for post graduate applicants
- Preference will be given to South African citizens from previously disadvantaged communities (youth, black, women and people with disabilities)
Proof of household annual income.
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS MUST BE ATTACHED:
- A certified copy of a valid matriculation certificate or qualifications (mandatory to all relevant applicants)
- A certified copy of identity document (mandatory)
- If currently studying, full academic records must be attached (mandatory to all relevant applicants)
- For first time applicants attach copy of proof of application and/or provisional acceptance letter offer from university/TVET College (The EWSETA notes that these may not be available at time of application, however it will be required as part of key application process)
- Any other information and/or documentation requested by EWSETA in support of the application
- Closing date for all application is 25 September 2020.
- Authentic supporting documents will be required to be submitted to EWSETA these are used validate applications
Submit application form by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to:
P.O Box 1273
OR HAND DELIVERED TO:
EWSETA HEAD OFFICE (GAUTENG, LIMPOPO and MPUMALANGA)
32 PRINCESS OF WALES TERRACE
SUNNYSIDE OFFICE PARK, Building B
EWSETA WESTERN / Eastern CAPE PROVINCIAL OFFICE
FALSE BAY COLLEGE WESTLAKE CAMPUS
EWSETA NORTH WEST PROVINCIAL OFFICE
REITZ STREET NORTH
(ORBIT TVET COLLEGE – BRITS CAMPUS)
EWSETA NORTH WEST PROVINCIAL OFFICE
TALETSO TVET COLLEGE
LEAH MANGOPE HIGHWAY BETWEEN LEHURUTSHE FIRE STATION AND HOSPITAL
EWSETA FREE STATE/Northen Cape PROVINCIAL OFFICE
MOTHEO TVET CENTRAL OFFICE
C/O ST GEORGES AND ALIWAL STREET
Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) 2021 Bursary Applications
- Students who completed matric and reside in Gauteng –proof of residence required.
- Students intending to study an undergraduate programme and have been accepted at an accredited PSET institution of learning and/or is currently registered for such.
- Students who want to pursue Post-Graduate studies and have been accepted at an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Top Achievers from Gauteng schools
- Top 3 learners from no-fee paying schools in Gauteng
- Top 3 learners from LSEN schools in Gauteng
- A South African citizen
- Youth residing in Gauteng between the ages of 18 to 35 years
- Certified copy of South African ID (by birth)
- Proof of Gauteng residence
- Matric certificate and or latest academic results (certified)
- Proof of income from parent/s or guardian/s or affidavit
- Letter of motivation (not more than 2 pages)
- Proof of registration or acceptance letter from PSET institution
- Disability/ medical report (where applicable)
Please note that no face to face consultations. Only online applications will be accepted. Online applications are available on:
NB: Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Bursaries are awarded in line with our GCRA Policy. [ Terms and conditions apply ]
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS ON 31 MARCH 2021