Logging in step-by-step
Step 1: Getting a student number (start at step 2 if you already have one)
- Go to the online application platform
- Click on New application
- Click on Create new student number and complete all the fields
Please note that the allocation of a student number does not mean that you have completed the application process. Please go through all the steps below to ensure that your application is complete and that it reaches us. Incomplete applications will not be processed by the University.
Step 2: Log in
When you receive a student number, use that together with the PIN number you created to log in.
Step 3: What do you want to study?
Complete all the fields. Use the yearbooks to obtain more information about the qualifications, modes of delivery and curricula.
Step 4: Upload supporting documents
In order to consider your application, please upload the following supporting documents. If the application is incomplete, it may be declined by the University:
- Grade 12 results (only June or final results, March results will not be considered), grade 11 results (final results only) or a copy of your matric certificate - if you have already passed matric.
- Applicants who are currently upgrading their grade 12 results, will only be considered after the improved results are presented to the NWU.
- Applicants who follow Cambridge, GED or any other non-NSC curriculum, or who may qualify for exemption based on advanced age or post-school qualifications, must provide an exemption certificate as issued by USAF.
- Completed undertaking
- Copy of your ID
- Copy of your academic record (if applicable).
Additional documents for international prospective students:
- A copy of relevant results
- A copy of your passport
- More information on payable fees
Step 5: Submit application
Please make sure that you press the Submit application button when you have finished ensuring that we receive your application.
- ABSA account number: 409 169 1369
- Name of account: NW University Online Registrations
- Branch code & name: 632 005, Tom Street
- A + Prospective student's ID no OR
- A + student no OR
- A+ Date of birth and surname
Contact details for help/information
- 018 299 4383/4130/4263/2445
- 018 285 2227/2332