Logging in step-by-step
Step 1: Getting a student number (start at step 2 if you already have one)
- Go to the online application platform
- Click on New application
- Click on Create new student number and complete all the fields
Please note that the allocation of a student number does not mean that you have completed the application process. Please go through all the steps below to ensure that your application is complete and that it reaches us. Incomplete applications will not be processed by the University.
Step 2: Log in
When you receive a student number, use that together with the PIN number you created to log in.
Step 3: What do you want to study?
Complete all the fields. Use the yearbooks to obtain more information about the qualifications, modes of delivery and curricula.
Step 4: Upload supporting documents
In order to consider your application, please upload the following supporting documents:
- Available grade 12 marks (or gr 11 if the gr 12 marks are not available yet), or a copy of your matric certificate - if you have already passed matric.
- Copy of your ID
Additional documents for international prospective students:
- A copy of relevant results
- A copy of your passport
Step 5: Submit application
Please make sure that you press the Submit application button when you have finished ensuring that we receive your application.
- Please take note that an application fee is no longer payable for the 2019 intake
- An accommodation deposit of R500 is payable with residence application
- ABSA account number: 409 169 1369
- Name of account: NW University Online Registrations
- Branch code & name: 632 005, Tom Street
- A + Prospective student's ID no OR
- A + student no OR
- A+ Date of birth and surname
Contact details for help/information